Ostate Sports Ostate Sports
Ostate Sports OSTATESPORTS.COM Ostate Sports
Go Back   Ostate Sports > OSU Cowboys > OSU Sports Board

Old 12-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
SeaOfOrange
1st Team

Send a message via ICQ to SeaOfOrange

Do you guys have it set up where I can make a monthly donation, say on a certain day every month? I know with the last site, and have heard from others, that "sometimes" it would be taken out twice a month for the same amount. It's no big deal, I guess. I'm not, and this is probably going to sound retarded, but I'm not familiar with how Paypal works. I know paypal wasn't used on the old board unless you called it, "Gettin' Paid Pal". I kid. But, I was just curious.
SeaOfOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #12
Verb
Administrator

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, Sea, and Michelle has taken a well-deserved evening off.

I can tell you this--paypal is easy even for a non-tech person like me. You can either link it to your bank account, or just have the amount you want to send charged to your credit card. Takes about 2 minutes to sign up for when you go to their website. So far, all the donations we've received (and for which we are humbly grateful) have been through paypal.

We definitely are NOT trying to make this website a for-profit effort, and I'm not sure that we'll ever be set up to take credit cards or anything like that. Michelle can fill you in further tomorrow on the best way to help.

While it's really sweet of you to want to help us out with the costs, the best thing is just to have you and all the rest of our family back HERE together again.
Verb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #13
SeaOfOrange
1st Team

Send a message via ICQ to SeaOfOrange

Thanks Verb, for the timely response.

What I'm asking, is, that if I set up an account with PayPal, can I have it just take my "donation" monthly without me having to "pay" it once a month? Sort of like automatic withdrawl method?
SeaOfOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #14
Verb
Administrator

I said a lot of stuff without actually saying much, huh?

I'll go look at the paypal site and see if I can figure that out.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:31 AM   #15
CanadianCowboy
1st Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfOrange View Post
Thanks Verb, for the timely response.

What I'm asking, is, that if I set up an account with PayPal, can I have it just take my "donation" monthly without me having to "pay" it once a month? Sort of like automatic withdrawl method?
Verb / Michelle.....I would be interested in doing this as well.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #16
Verb
Administrator

I emailed PayPal about this. I couldn't find any answers just looking at their site. Hopefully, they'll let us know today.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #17
AnniePokely
OSS Admin

Send a message via MSN to AnniePokely Send a message via Yahoo to AnniePokely

I'm checking with Paypal as well. I know i'm going to add a paypal link here on the site, that you can just click on to pay, but i don't know about Paypal doing billing for a specific company on a monthly basis. I'm waiting to hear back as well.

There is a built in subscription service on this site, in the control panel. It can be set up to take monthly payments, i'm pretty sure. I'm checking into it now.

I appreciate all the interest in helping out with the site. Very much.
AnniePokely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #18
DCPokeFan
Starter

Default Thank you thank you thank you...

Annie, you said it all in your message: o-state.com was set as my homepage on almost all my computers and I've missed it sairly since it went awa'.

Thank you and Verb so much for doing the work to get us running again! Will quickly add the new URL to my browser homepage tabs!

GO POKES!!!
DCPokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #19
Southern Miss Alum
Starter

I was a semi-regular visitor to the O-State.com site a few years ago when we played each other for three years straight, and really came to respect Oklahoma State, its fans and all it stands for. Heck, Ryno (I guess it was him) gave me the tag "coolest non-OSU fan" which I considered a great honor (and still do).

When the news first hit that Fedora may be our new head coach, that was the first site I went to, and I was sad to see it wasn't there, and I obviously have no idea why. I am glad I found this new version of the site!

Best of luck in everything, Cowboys (and girls)!
Southern Miss Alum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #20
backPhil
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Miss Alum View Post
I was a semi-regular visitor to the O-State.com site a few years ago when we played each other for three years straight, and really came to respect Oklahoma State, its fans and all it stands for. Heck, Ryno (I guess it was him) gave me the tag "coolest non-OSU fan" which I considered a great honor (and still do).

When the news first hit that Fedora may be our new head coach, that was the first site I went to, and I was sad to see it wasn't there, and I obviously have no idea why. I am glad I found this new version of the site!

Best of luck in everything, Cowboys (and girls)!
Yep. I remember you alum. Welcome to our new home.
backPhil is offline   Reply With Quote